Highly motivated, responsible students should submit the following completed documents by March 1, 2018.
Program Dates: June 18- July 13, 2018
- Cover sheet including the applicant’s photo, name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and emergency contact (name and number)
The applicant photo should be in professional dress, taken similar to a passport picture (head and shoulders only). If you are submitting a printed application, the photo may be embedded in the cover sheet and printed on plain paper. (See Application PDF for a sample)
- Two-page application
- Academic transcript including current GPA.
- A 1-2 page, single-spaced, one-sided, typed essay that answers the following question:
Why do you want to participate in the Medical Scholars Program? Why are you interested in a career in medicine?
- Letter from Guidance Counselor stating that the applicant is currently in good academic standing.
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and be available to attend the entire program. If you are unsure of your availability on a weekday afternoon, please call to inquire.
- Students are expected to be prompt and provide their own transportation.
- Previous medical volunteer experience is not a requirement.
- All students need to be up to date with their vaccines, including a TDaP booster (Adacel) to ensure protection from whooping cough and a PPD test for tuberculosis.
- All student participants will be required to sign a HIPAA Confidentiality Agreement, Social Media Agreement, and Dress Code Agreement.
Please direct all questions and completed applications to:
Alex Fernandez, Program Director
Osborne Head & Neck Institute
8631 W 3rd Street #945E
Los Angeles, CA 90048